Winter Camp is an electronic free weekend in a wonderful cabin in the mountains near Tahoe. There are enough bunk beds for 40 people. The weekend generally involves hot chocolate, snowball fights, fort building, board games, puzzles, and reading. There are no formal activities, just hanging out in a winter wonderland.
There is a full kitchen, large fireplace, two flush toilets. We are responsible for meals and cleanup.
There is parking is close to the cabin, but be forewarned you may need to walk a couple hundred feet over an icy path.
- Flashlight (if arriving after dark or for bathroom breaks after lights
- Sleeping Bag
- Fitted sheet (bunk beds have plastic covered mattresses)
- Plenty of clothes (you will get wet)
- Snow gear: pants, jacket, hat, gloves, scarf, waterproof boots, socks, socks, more socks
- Slippers (floors are cold,and shoes are not allowed indoors)
- Snow play equipment: shovels, snowball makers
- Football, Frisbee, etc.
- Water bottle
- Indoor games: board games, cards
- Large plastic bags (for packing wet gear)
- Bathroom kit (soap, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand towel)
On Hwy 80, after crossing Emigrant Gap, go about 5 miles past the Nyack Shell Station. Take the CA-20 turn-off, proceed less than 1 mile. The turn-off is to the right, not the building close to the street, but the next driveway. It is not well marked –there is a red metal gate that will be open. The road in is paved and will be plowed. Park in the main parking and the Ibach Lodge is straight ahead.