- Membership fees may be paid on this website via PayPal (under Membership tab).
- We strongly suggest parents fill out an Adult Application if they have not done so before (required if you hold a position in the Pack or are changing positions).
- Make sure you can still sign in to www.CubTrails.com, so that you can help track your Scout’s progress in their Den as they work toward their rank and utilize our Pack calendar.
- Update your uniform and purchase a new handbook for your current rank (ask for the insert that has the updated requirement from early 2017). You should have a Cub Scout shirt (Webelos only may move to the brown shirt), belt, neckerchief, slide, and hat. Ask the Pack or Trading Post in San Rafael (http://www.boyscouts-marin.org/about-marin-council/trading-post/7432) about gently used items if you wish. In Pack 76, most boys wear official navy Scout pants, or navy shorts or jeans with their uniforms. Uniform information is here: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts/Uniform/cubscout.aspx
- Add your completed rank patch from the previous year to your uniform shirt. Update your brag vest too if you have patches or segments in baggies.
- If you don’t have one, consider purchasing a red “brag vest” to show off patches, segments, pins and other “bling” that doesn’t go on the official uniform. In Pack 76 most boys use a red fleece vest (e.g. from Lands End or Patagonia) or a red twill vest (sellers on Etsy make them). Felt is also an option (though not washable).
- Have a new email address or contact info? Make sure your Den Leader has it for Cub Trails and our Evite list.
- Review the Bobcat requirements, as these are key parts of the Scout knowledge base. Bobcat requirements are in your handbook, but can also be found with explanations here: http://cubscoutideas.com/262/earning-the-bobcat-rank/