We are so glad to have you join our family! Here’s what to do first:
- We’ve moved to on-line registration! Fill out an application on line and pay the associated one time National Registration fee https://beascout.scouting.org/BeAScoutMap.aspx (email firstname.lastname@example.org or call your contact if you need help troubleshooting)
- Pack membership fees may be paid on this website via PayPal (under Membership tab).
- We strongly suggest parents fill out an Adult Application as well (no fee).
- Purchase a Cub Scout shirt (shirt, belt, neckerchief, slide, hat and handbook, or ask the Pack or Trading Post in San Rafael (http://www.boyscouts-marin.org/about-marin-council/trading-post/7432) about gently used items. You will need certain patches on the uniform (see link and ask at the Trading Post). In Pack 76, most Scouts wear official navy Scout pants, or navy shorts or jeans with their uniforms. Uniform information is here: http://www.scouting.org/scoutsource/CubScouts/Uniform/cubscout.aspx
- Consider purchasing a red “brag vest” to show off patches, segments, pins and other “bling” that doesn’t go on the official uniform. In Pack 76 most Scouts use a fleece vest (e.g. from Lands End or Patagonia) or a twill vest (sellers on Etsy make them). Felt is also an option (though not washable).
- Check that your Den Leader or Pack Leaders have added you to the Evite list and our new tracking program Scout Book so that you receive pertinent Pack emails and invites.
- Start working on the Bobcat requirements if you are in first through fifth grade (Lions do not earn Bobcat yet), which all Tiger through Webelos Scouts earn first, regardless of when they enter the program. Note that Scouts do not earn ranks from prior years if they enter beyond kindergarten. They simply begin in the current Den. Bobcat requirements are in your handbook, but can also be found with explanations here: http://cubscoutideas.com/262/earning-the-bobcat-rank/